You are here
SAFIR aims to provide high quality capacity building & training on Infrastructure regulation, & related topics, in South Asia.
Specific objectives of SAFIR are:
- Provide a platform for experience sharing amongst the regulators of the region.
- Facilitating effective & efficient regulation of utility & Infrastructure industries.
- Initiate beneficial exchange of knowledge & expertise.
- Evolve best practices.
- Build regulatory decision-making and response capacity in South Asia.
- Conduct training programmes to serve regulatory agencies and other stakeholders
- Spur research on regulatory issues.
- Interact, coordinate, facilitate & engage with various international developments; regulation, financial bodies & government or private entities of various countries,
- In addition , ancillary / incidental objectives includes.
- Providing a database of information relating to regulatory reform process and experiences.
- Make, amend, rescind or add the rules and regulations for the conduct of affairs of the Association.
- Promote, support, affiliate, amalgamate or merge with any other body or institution having partially or wholly similar aim or objectives.
- Prepare and print public papers, periodicals, monographs and books, in furtherance of the objectives of SAFIR.